Doing business with family can get tricky. We understand that better than anyone else. Which is why our specialist Family Business practice is the market leader in the Middle East . We build legal structures and put in place binding agreements which defend family assets from both external and internal risks; and we formulate and record agreements which pave the way for seamless succession and sound stewardship for families in business.
Our team can:
- Structure businesses and investments to reduce and manage legal risks and exposures
- Create bespoke structures to insulate families against business disruption at times of transition
- Develop family agreements and trust deeds which permit clear and structured transitions to future stewardship
- Create frameworks for resolving issues and differences, without damaging the fabric of family life
- Formulate clear pathways to succession and stewardship under both Sharia and common law inheritance rules.
- Prepare wills for non-Muslims made under the jurisdiction of the Dubai International Financial Centre; and also prepare wills for expatriate nationals effective under regional legal systems.